IPv6 is making its way into more and more networks. While...
Current & notable affiliations:
- Markley Cloud Services – Principal Network Architect [my main gig]
- IX-Denver – President
- African Peering and Interconnection Forum (AfPIF) – Program Committee
- Juniper Networks Day One – Author [Exploring IPv6 & Advanced IPv6 Configuration]
- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) – Contributor
- TheHundred Denver – Member (#42)
- The Internet Society (ISOC) – Director, Deployment and Operationalization (DO) [2013–2015]
- The Colorado Chapter of the Internet Society (CO ISOC) – Founder, Chair [2007-2014]
- Rocky Mountain IPv6 Task Force (RMv6TF) – Board Member [2011-2014]
- North American Network Operators Group (NANOG) – Program Committee [2013-2014]
- CableLabs – Lead Architect, Advanced Network Technologies [2011-2013]
- American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) – Advisory Council [2011-2013]
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Forum – IPv6 Task Force Co-Chair [2012-2013]
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) – IPv6 Task Force Chair 
- Libertarian candidate for Colorado State Senate, District 4 
Projects & areas of interest:
(…including but not limited to…)
- The Internet
- Home Networking
- Travel & Exploration
- The Internet of Things
- Operators and the IETF
- Cycling & Mountain Biking
- The Human Face of Technology
- Peering & Open Interconnection
- Camping and Overland Journeys
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Best Current Operational Practices
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Social Media & Personal Content Networks
NOTE: All views contained here on this website are mine and mine alone, they in no way represent the views of any of my employers, colleagues, associates, friends, neighbors, pets or anyone else. In fact, they may not even represent my own opinions by the time you read them.
It is a cliche we’ve all used. I think I first said it...
I’ve been a network engineer for well over a decade...
I hear that crabs thrown into a bucket are unable to escape...
I am my harshest critic. Still, I must admit that I have...