After a lot of thought, a bit of encouragement, and just...
Current & notable affiliations:
- Markley Cloud Services – Principal Network Architect [my main gig]
- IX-Denver – President
- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) – Contributor
- TheHundred Denver – Member (#42)
- NANOG Best Current Operational Practices (NANOG-BCOP) – Co-Founder, Co-Chair [2014-2015]
- The Internet Society (ISOC) – Director, Deployment and Operationalization (DO) [2013–2015]
- The Colorado Chapter of the Internet Society (CO ISOC) – Founder, Chair [2007-2014]
- Rocky Mountain IPv6 Task Force (RMv6TF) – Board Member & CTO [2011-2014]
- North American Network Operators Group (NANOG) – Program Committee (PC) [2013-2014]
- American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) – Advisory Council (AC) [2011-2013]
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Forum – IPv6 Task Force Co-Chair [2012-2013]
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) – IPv6 Task Force Chair 
- Libertarian candidate for Colorado State Senate, District 4 
Current projects & areas of interest:
(…including but not limited to…)
- The Internet
- Global Travel
- The Internet of Things
- Operators and the IETF
- Cycling & Mountain Biking
- The Human face of Technology
- The Future of Home Networking
- Camping and Overland Journeys
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Best Current Operational Practices
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Social Media & Personal Content Networks
NOTE: All views contained here on this website are mine and mine alone, they in no way represent the views of any of my employers, colleagues, associates, friends, neighbors, pets or anyone else. In fact, they may not even represent my own opinions by the time you read them.
It’s a simple choice between love and hate. Love...
Have you ever moved halfway across a continent? Further?...
Today is the first day of the rest of my life. This, of...
I quit my job today. This wasn’t just any job, it was the...